Polypropylene (PP), also known as polypropene, is a thermoplastic (pliable with heat, then solidifies when cooled) polymer (repeated subunits) used in a wide variety of applications. The terms polymer and resin are often synonymous with plastic.
BOPP: Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene is polypropylene film that is extruded and stretched in both the machine direction and across machine direction. Biaxial orientation increases strength and clarity.
In a nutshell, it is a rugged, fatigue and moisture resistant, low toxicity plastic that is stretched this way and that to create a thin, flat surface perfect for printing on. Manufacturers can make BOPP clear, opaque, or any translucency in between.
Available in clear, white or silver brushed, Stickernut BOPP labels allow one to showcase their product in ways that enhance rather than hide it.
Stickernut BOPP Label specs:
- They are waterproof and UV proof.
- They can be frozen or immersed in water and are perfect for food labelling.
- High humidity does not affect our labels.
- They are resistant to acids, bases and solvents.
- They have a 2 Mil thickness (1 Mil = 0.001inch)
- We can print in white, or white and CMYK, or just CMYK, so let your rainbow loose!
As with all of our roll labels, there are a few options that consumers can choose:
- Finish: matte or gloss lamination, or matte or gloss varnish.
- Wind: Top of Label dispenses first, Bottom of label dispenses first, Right side of label dispenses first, Left of label dispenses first.
- Labels per roll can vary.
- Perforations between roll stickers or not (allow for easier tear off).
- All shapes available: square, circle, oval, rectangle or custom die cut.
Roll core diameter is 3”.
Roll labels are printed using an advanced inkjet UV printer that achieves up to 720 x 720 DPI.
Turnaround time is 5-10 days.